v2.2.15 - make check - Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value

Teemu Huovila teemu.huovila at dovecot.fi
Mon Dec 1 11:54:09 UTC 2014

On 12/01/2014 12:41 PM, AMM wrote:

> On Monday 01 December 2014 03:41 PM, Teemu Huovila wrote:
> But Dovecot 2.2.10 (and earlier versions) were not throwing this error.
This test was added in Dovecot version 2.2.14. It is also the only reference to strspn() in the whole project.

> Can I can ignore it by NOT doing "make check"?
I would say you can safely ignore it, but I can give no guarantee. I have no access to a Fedora 16 system, so I can not verify
it, but I would say this is most likely a manifestation of the valgrind bug I linked in my first email.

You could try verification yourself, by using the "Steps to Reproduce" in the linked issue tracker.

br,
Teemu Huovila