Dovecot Director and Dovecot proxy

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Mon Dec 1 17:28:56 UTC 2014

Il 01/12/2014 17:11, rub zorghy ha scritto:
> Why Dovecot Director server isn't used to perform this without Dovecot
> proxy ? Thus, the load balancer (F5 Big-IP) can distribute requests based
> on IMAP protocol to Dovecot Director cluster.
I think that the slide is just one example of a scenario ,very complex.
In real world,
unless you do not have to segment users (some users use Exchange, others
use Dovecot, but all user use imap.corporate.com, the proxy, for login)
you don't need a Proxy in front of Director.

Load balancer is only for HA.

Ciao