Error: mremap_anon(###) failed: Cannot allocate memory

Teemu Huovila teemu.huovila at dovecot.fi
Fri Dec 12 08:43:33 UTC 2014

On 12/11/2014 08:49 PM, Andy Dills wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestion. I checked the output of doveconf, and by default it appears the vsz_limit is set to
> 18446744073709551615B for each of the services, and 256M for default_vsz_limit.
>
> I checked a user in question, and their index.cache was indeed large, 123M. Seemingly needlessly so, as I deleted the dovecot
> files and reindexed, and now it's 6K.
>
> Thanks, I'll keep an eye on the users this affects and try to get their index.cache in order.
Glad to hear that it is working now. In case the error reappears, please bear in mind that the "18446744073709551615 B"
displayed in the config (Im assuming "doveconf" without switches) is the "empty" value, which actually means the value is "not
set" and the default_vsz_limit is used. http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Services#Service_limits

br,
Teemu Huovila