Dsync issues between Cyrus and Dovecot

Ovidiu Moldovan Ovidiu.Moldovan at cybercom.com
Fri Dec 12 12:59:02 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have some issues related with dsync when trying to perform two way synchronization between Cyrus and Dovecot.

1st time synchronization always works and email, folders, flags can be synced between these but once for example in dovecot side the user creates a folder, dsync fails with the following errors:

Debug: brain M: Other brain should change mailbox INBOX/dove GUID c77e7711be9a6c77fc845ea745963ddb -> df0d180f71e38a544f9e00008aa015be
Debug: brain M: out state=master_send_mailbox changed=1
Debug: brain S: in state=recv_mailbox_tree_deletes
Error: Can't create mailbox INBOX/dove: Mailbox already exists

INBOX/dove folder was created in Dovecot side and does not exist in Cyrus side. I have tried full sync or backup but without any luck.

If I delete the folder from Dovecot side the sync works fine again.

I can post more info on the configuration if needed.

Thank you,
Ova