Failed installation on Ubuntu with Postfix/Dovecot/Squirrelmail

ghalvors78 at hushmail.com ghalvors78 at hushmail.com
Mon Dec 15 18:24:54 UTC 2014

I added the namespace to 10-mail.conf (that was the only change I made today).  And when I turned on dovecot (it had been stopped since yesterday) the message immediately passed through.  So yes, the namespace suggestion from the postfix guy worked.  I've been reading up on namespaces since then.  I have a feeling that there are some wonderful things I can do with this package.

In some ways, the parts of the documentation seem vague and inexact so I guess it will have to grow on me.

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Namespaces

"If the configuration doesn't explicitly specify a namespace (as was in v2.0 and older) a default namespace is created automatically."

I think this might have been what was going on.  The HOWTO I read may have already gotten stale and Dovecot has since grown.