Quota, doveadm, postfixadmin

Ricardo richigp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 00:53:16 UTC 2014

Hello all and happy holidays.

I have Postfix+Dovecot+MySQL+Postfixadmin with CentOS 6.6, a virtual
machines for testing, and then pass it to servers in production, my problem
is the next:

I add 30 MB for domain.local, then cast 10 MB for test1 at domain.local and 20
MB for test2 at domain.local, so far so good.

Sending an attachment from one account to another, the example of
test1 at domain.local to test2 at domain.local, test2 at domain.local receive the
email with the attachment.

If I write in the shell doveadm quota get -u test2 at domain.local I get the
following:

Quota
name
Type          Value Limit  %
user
STORAGE  3391 20000 16
user
MESSAGE      3 10000  0

Informs me that I this consuming 16% of the 20 MB assigned to this account,
but if I delete the file and again write doveadm quota get -u
test2 at domain.local I release this:

Quota
name
Type          Value Limit  %
user
STORAGE  6782 20000 33
user
MESSAGE      4 10000  0

Normal serious you continue using 16%, not 33%, when you go into the trash,
because that happens from one place to another, right? These statistics the
Postfixadmin Dame them so much as writing in the shell doveadm quota get -u
test2 at domain.local. I delete the file in the trash and to again write
doveadm quota get -u test2 at domain.local still see me.

Quota
name
Type          Value Limit  %
user
STORAGE  6782 20000 33
user
MESSAGE      4 10000  0

But I realize that so that it resets to 0%, I have to close the mail
client, if not would follow using 33% and is when is 0% as shown here.

Quota
name
Type        Value  Limit   %
user
STORAGE     1 20000 0
user
MESSAGE    2 10000 0

Is this normal? The client to send emails and exceed quota will having to
always close the mail client, so you reset and stays at 0%?

Can anyone help me? I have looked online but I can't find information about
this. Has happened to someone?

Thanks so much.

Best regards.