Segmentation fault in pigeonhole lib-sieve

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Dec 30 22:04:08 UTC 2014

On 12/29/2014 10:02 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> The sieve plugin for Thundirbird likes to rapidly compile work in
> progress sieve scripts to continually give feedback on any errors in
> the script.  This can trigger segmentation faults in lib-sieve with
> certain pathologically incomplete sieve scripts.  One example:

Yes. This is a very straightforward problem.

> Here's a completely naive attempt at a patch:

That is a good fix. However, lib-sieve has a utility function for
verifications like this and that should have been used. Comparator
handling predates this function, so I must have forgot to change
comparator validation accordingly, which would have fixed this problem
implicitly.

Well, it is fixed now:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole/rev/b6c55ac6460d

Thanks!