[Dovecot] mime support for pigeonhole

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Feb 5 00:21:43 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 1/30/2014 7:50 PM, Tim Dickson wrote:
> is there any chance of rfc5703 (mime support/extension) being added to
> pigeonhole?

There are plans for that, but there is no concrete timeline.

> I am trying to filter mail with .exe and .zip attachments, to no success.
>
> I can't use body because that doesn't include the mime headers, so the
> only way I can see is to use mime (aka rfc5703)
> I am using dovecot 2.1.8 with pigeonhole 0.3.3  (and am about to use
> dovecot 2.2.9 with pigeonhole 0.4.2 on another server)
> If I'm just missing the point, or there is already support, please
> point me in the right direction.

You only need to test for the existence of certain attachments:

require "body";
require "relational";
require "fileinto";

if body :count "gt" :content "application/x-zip-compressed" "0" {
    fileinto "Zip";
} else {
    fileinto "NoZip";
}

This tests whether there are more than zero message parts with
content-type "application/x-zip-compressed".

Regards,

Stephan.