[Dovecot] Looking for HowTo Postifx, Dovecot and PostgreSQL

Frank Lanitz frank at frank.uvena.de
Mon Feb 10 09:14:30 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I know it's a bit a n00bish question, but I'm a little confused about
this many different ways on setting up dovecot with postfix and using a
PostgreSQL backend for virtual hosts. I've found this one quiet helpful:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/DovecotPostgresql
even it seems to be little outdated for recent versions of dovecot (the
auth part of dovecot.conf). Also its lagging some inforamtions I wasn't
able to find on my own (e.g. how to set password for a imap account).

Can somebody give me a hint for a up-2-date howto for some noob as I am?

Cheers,
Frank