[Dovecot] Public folder doesn't work

vupibi hodentier at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 13:46:10 UTC 2014

Hey,

I have some issues with dovecot, because the public folder won't show up in
Mail accounts.
Dovecot is installed via zentyal 3.3.

I tried several settings, but I dont get it running.

What I tried is adding this to my dovecot.conf file

# User's private mail location
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir

# When creating any namespaces, you must also have a private namespace:
namespace {
  type = private
  separator = /
  prefix =
  #location defaults to mail_location.
  inbox = yes
}

namespace {
  type = public
  separator = /
  prefix = Public/
  location = maildir:/var/vmail/public
  subscriptions = no
}

But nothing happened. I tried it with

# Umask for shared folders
umask = 0007

with

subscriptions = yes

tried creating the folder first like this

touch /var/vmail/public/dovecot-shared
chown -R ebox /var/vmail/public
find /var/vmail/public -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 2770
find /var/vmail/public -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 660

But i had no success. Any Ideas how to get it running?

Here is my dovecot -n output

# 2.0.19: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 3.2.0-58-generic x86_64 Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS ext4
auth_gssapi_hostname = mailand.sxps.int
auth_krb5_keytab = /etc/dovecot/dovecot.keytab
auth_mechanisms = gssapi plain
first_valid_gid = 116
first_valid_uid = 108
log_timestamp = "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S "
mail_gid = 116
mail_home = /var/vmail/sieve/%d/%u
mail_location = maildir:/var/vmail/%$
mail_uid = 108
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character
vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags
copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
  driver = ldap
}
plugin {
  autocreate = Trash
  autocreate2 = Spam
  autocreate3 = Sent
  autocreate4 = Drafts
  autosubscribe = Trash
  autosubscribe2 = Spam
  autosubscribe3 = Sent
  autosubscribe4 = Drafts
  quota = maildir:User quota
  quota_rule = *:storage=0
  sieve = /var/vmail/sieve/%d/%u/sieve-script
  sieve_dir = /var/vmail/sieve/%d/%u
  sieve_global_path = /var/vmail/sieve/default.sieve
  sieve_storage = /var/vmail/sieve/%d/%u
}
protocols = imap sieve
service auth {
  executable = /usr/lib/dovecot/auth
    group = postfix
    mode = 0660
    user = postfix
  }
  unix_listener auth-master {
    group = ebox
    mode = 0600
    user = ebox
  }
  user = dovecot
}
service imap-login {
  inet_listener imap {
    address = *
    port = 143
  }
  inet_listener imaps {
    address = *
    port = 993
  }
}
service managesieve-login {
  inet_listener sieve {
    port = 4190
  }
}
ssl_cert = </etc/dovecot/ssl/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/dovecot/ssl/dovecot.pem
userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
  driver = ldap
}
protocol imap {
  mail_plugins = quota imap_quota autocreate
}
protocol lda {
  auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
  mail_plugins = sieve quota
  postmaster_address = admin at XX.eu
}
Modify message