[Dovecot] personal sieve script not included

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Feb 11 20:39:20 UTC 2014

On 2/5/2014 9:59 AM, Thomas Krause wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using dovecot 2.2.10 and roundcube (with managesieve enabled).
> Sieve filtering works well, as long the rule is written
> into ~/.dovecot.sieve (which is a link to ~/sieve/managesieve.sieve)
> When adding a new filter set (in roundcube) the script is
> written to ~/sieve/newfilterset.sieve. This script will not be
> executed. How can I solve this?
>
> I set
> sieve_dir = ~/sieve
> This should work, except I misunderstand the doc.

I see no obvious problems in your configuration. Do the logs say
anything interesting (set mail_debug=yes)? Your symptoms suggest that
Roundcube is not activating the uploaded script for some reason. That is
when the symbolic link is updated.

You could sniff the protocol exchange between Roundcube and Dovecot on
port 4190 (without TLS obviously). Roundcube should issue the SETACTIVE
command.

Regards,

Stephan.