[Dovecot] Feature Request "doveadm who" for all sockets or limits

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Wed Feb 12 16:56:39 UTC 2014

On 12 Feb 2014, at 09:12 , Steffen Kaiser <skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de> wrote:
> Some in-house program connected to auth-userdb, but did not closed the connection,

Is there a way to set a timeout on the open socket? Is it a socket?

Would lsof show the connections? (assuming your kernel is compatible with lsof, mine is not so I can't check).

> Please add some way to query the current useage / fill of the limits. Maybe something like "doveadm who" for all sockets of Dovecot.

That does seem like a useful feature to have.

--
"Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently
programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest." - Isaac