[Dovecot] Hybrid of linux user accounts and virtual user accounts configuration

Murray Trainer mtrainer at westnet.com.au
Thu Feb 13 10:40:42 UTC 2014

Hi Derek,

I have done this in reverse order.   I used a short howto with  users in LDAP.  It uses an an LDAP schema called iredmail.schema that lets me create virtual domains and mail users that aren't posix users.   I have my  posix users under ou=users and my virtual users under ou=domains.  Haven't setup mail delivery yet but the lda will need some sort of setuid access to write mail to the user folders.

Hope this helps ...

Murray