[Dovecot] v2.2.11 released

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Feb 13 18:50:29 UTC 2014

Am 13.02.2014 19:40, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
> Am 13.02.2014 19:28, schrieb Reindl Harald:

>>> Thanks for the patch. I had encountered the pop3 segfault issue immediately after upgrade to 2.2.11 and reverted to
>>> 2.2.10. I have installed the patch and been running the patched 2.2.11 with no problems.
>>>
>>> As noted in another post, the patch can be applied without hg via
>>>
>>> patch -p1 < /path/to/patch
>>>
>>> in the dovecot unpack directory followed by the normal 'make', 'sudo make install'
>>
>> but why is there no a 2.2.11.1 or 2.2.12 already
>> it's a bad attitude offer a known broken release
>> on top of http://www.dovecot.org/download.html
>> below the headline "Stable releases"
>>

> Hi,
>
> i am not with you, there are tons of software with bugs released as
> stable, out in the web

different story

> but however youre right in this special case

i am only talking about that case where the last recent release
shortly after it was announced is by multiple users declared
as broken for one of two main services it offers

even remove 2.2.11 and only offer 2.2.10 on the official page
would be better and prevent people not following that list to
get into trouble

that said while it does not affect me - pop3-proxy works stable

> it might be better to have a a tmp warning on the download site perhaps
> with link to
>
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/d20059f7d3a1

exactly what i mean