[Dovecot] PARTIAL results and UIDs

Anders Th=?iso-8859-1?Q?=F8?=gersen ath at b-one.net
Tue Feb 18 15:44:46 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have had a look at dovecot 2.2.12 and think that I may have run into an issue

with PARTIAL results. I have a mailbox with 9 emails having UIDs from 1 - 9.

One of these emails contains the STRING "RFC" in the Subject header.

The following SORT command with this mailbox selected does not return any

emails:

A4 UID SORT RETURN (COUNT PARTIAL 1:3) (FROM) UTF-8 (SUBJECT "RFC")

* ESEARCH (TAG "A4") UID PARTIAL (1:3 NIL) COUNT 1

A4 OK Sort completed (0.000 secs).

Here COUNT is 1, but the result is NIL. Changing the partial range to 1:5

returns the expected result:

A4 UID SORT RETURN (COUNT PARTIAL 1:5) (FROM) UTF-8 (SUBJECT "RFC")

* ESEARCH (TAG "A4") UID PARTIAL (1:5 5) COUNT 1

A4 OK Sort completed (0.000 secs).

It may be that UIDs are used instead of sequence numbers.

Regards

Anders