[Dovecot] [Solved] Re: dovecot antispam plugin not found

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Wed Feb 19 09:05:46 UTC 2014

Hello Steffen,

Long story short: changing the plugin extension worked, thanks! Now for
the details ...

Steffen Kaiser <skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de> writes:

> On Tue, 18 Feb 2014, Alan Schmitt wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to setup dovecot-antispam, and even though the configuration
>> and the installation seem to have gone well, dovecot is telling me it's
>> not finding it.
>>
>> schmitta at top-wifi ~> /usr/local/Cellar/dovecot/2.2.10/libexec/dovecot/imap -c ~/.dovecotzimbra.rc
>> Fatal: Plugin 'antispam' not found from directory /usr/local/Cellar/dovecot/2.2.10/lib/dovecot
>
> You are not running a full Dovecot install, so doveconf -n is not
> working?

doveconf -n is working:

schmitta at top-wifi ~> doveconf -c ~/.dovecotzimbra.rc -n
# 2.2.10: /Users/schmitta/.dovecotzimbra.rc
# OS: Darwin 13.0.0 x86_64
default_internal_user = _dovecot
default_login_user = _dovenull
mail_location = maildir:~/.Maildir/zimbra:INBOX=~/.Maildir/zimbra/.INBOX
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave vnd.dovecot.filter
plugin {
  antispam_backend = DSPAM
  antispam_signature = X-DSPAM-Signature
  sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_extensions = +vnd.dovecot.filter
  sieve_filter_bin_dir = /usr/local/lib/dovecot/sieve-filter
  sieve_plugins = sieve_extprograms
}
protocols = imap
protocol imap {
  mail_plugins = " antispam"
}
protocol lda {
  info_log_path = ~/.logs/dovecot-lda.log
  log_path = ~/.logs/dovecot-lda-errors.log
  mail_plugins = " sieve"
}

>> schmitta at top-wifi ~> ls -al /usr/local/Cellar/dovecot/2.2.10/lib/dovecot/ | grep antispam
>> -rwxr-xr-x   1 schmitta  admin    38460 18 fév 22:40 lib90_antispam_plugin.bundle
>>
>> I note that it is the only plugin with the ".bundle" extension, if it's
>> important.
>
> what OS is this?

OS X 10.9.1

> Did you've seen some like this:
>
> make install
> Entering directory src.
> Leaving directory src.
> Entering directory doc.
> Leaving directory doc.
> Entering directory src.
> Successfully installed lib90_antispam_plugin.so.
> Leaving directory src.
> Entering directory doc.
> Successfully installed dovecot-antispam.7.
> Leaving directory doc.

Almost (the extension of the plugin was different):

schmitta at top-wifi ~/s/dovecot-antispam-plugin> make install
Entering directory src.
Leaving directory src.
Entering directory doc.
Leaving directory doc.
Entering directory src.
Successfully installed lib90_antispam_plugin.bundle.
Leaving directory src.
Entering directory doc.
Successfully installed dovecot-antispam.7.
Leaving directory doc.

> Does build.mk contain "LIB_SUFFIX=.bundle" ?

No. I don't have a "build.mk" but a "buildsys.mk", and it has the
following regarding LIB_SUFFIX:

schmitta at top-wifi ~/s/dovecot-antispam-plugin> grep LIB_SUFFIX buildsys.mk
LIB_SUFFIX = .dylib

> What happens if you rename lib90_antispam_plugin.bundle to whatever the
> other plugins are named?

That was it! Renaming to ".dylib" did nothing, but renaming to ".so"
worked (insofar as the plugin loaded, I'm getting the expected error
that antispam plugin folders are not configured).

Where should I report this building issue? Is there an antispam bug
tracker?

Thanks again,

Alan