[Dovecot] Enable mail logger plugin

Peter Chiochetti pch at myzel.net
Wed Feb 19 23:27:41 UTC 2014

Am 2014-02-19 22:24, schrieb Alexandre Ellert:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get more info about user activity (especially when they delete some email).
> So, I follow info from http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/MailLog to enabled mail logger plugin, but I don't see anything in my logs.
>
> Can you tell me what I'm missing ?
>
> Thanks.

It is quite tough to read through such a long config. Skimming through
though, and I am not an expert at all, it looks like your mail_plugins
line comes in front of other mail_plugins lines. Maybe the later ones
override yours?

In /etc/dovecot/local.conf I have
 > mail_plugins = $mail_plugins mail_log notify
and this works nicely, maybe because local.conf will be executed after
the other config files? (That line also keeps the previously requested
ones…)

--
peter