[Dovecot] realtime backup with LDA?

Sun Feb 23 14:07:32 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,
i was reading the dovecot-lda documentation as i'm using LDA as a
delivery agent on my current mailserver configuration.

I was curious to know if there are some options for having a message to
be delivered to a "twin mailbox" upon delivery.
this twin mailbox would work as a backup archive for recovering emails
in case the user accidentally deletes them.

so if i have a user which is alice i would create a second mailbox named
backup_alice or whatever respecting a predictable schema and then every
mail delivered to alice would also be delivered to backup_alice.

do you know if this can be done? have any example?

i was also planning to use shared folders + ACLS to have backup_alice
accessible as a read only mailbox directly from the alice imap account.

thanks in advance
Francesco