[Dovecot] realtime backup with LDA?

Mon Feb 24 14:44:15 UTC 2014

On 2/24/2014 9:25 AM, Steffen Kaiser <skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Feb 2014, Charles Marcus wrote:
>
>> On 2/24/2014 3:58 AM, Steffen Kaiser <skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de>
>> wrote:
>>> I would add a BCC recipient in the MTA. It's more save in such
>>> situation. See the thread about qmail and multiple recipients for
>>> one mail address.
>>
>> The only downside to this is all of the original headers are *not*
>> preserved in the BCC copy.
>
> Er, I don't know what you mean with "all of the original headers".
> There are no headers of the delivery process to user, that's right.
> Everything else should be untouchted. Or in other words, the backup
> copy does not "backup" the delivery process.

As Stan so graciously pointed out, I was talking about the specific MTA
that I use - postfix - and I based my comment on the fact that everyone
on the postfix list, including Wietse, stated that using the BCC method
does *not* preserve all of the original message headers (identically to
the non BCC'd copy).

Are you saying Wietse was incorrect?

--

Best regards,