[Dovecot] realtime backup with LDA?

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Mon Feb 24 17:12:44 UTC 2014

On 2/24/2014 8:42 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 2/24/2014 8:39 AM, Stan Hoeppner <stan at hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
>> On 2/24/2014 6:58 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:
>
>>> The only downside to this is all of the original headers are *not*
>>> preserved in the BCC copy.
>
>> Given this is a function of the MTA,
>
> Says who? I would argue that it is more a function of the MDA.

Says both Steffen's remarks above, and your reply to them.  Why you
would take exception to my simply reiterating the context is inexplicable.

>> are you stating with authority that all the dozen or so Unix MTAs
>> behave in this manner? Or are you simply stating the behavior of your
>> MTA, and assuming everyone on the list also uses your MTA?
>
> Obviously the latter (postfix)... apologies for my presumptuousness.

It's not at all obvious, which is why I asked.  When one makes a blanket
statement such as that above, with 'not' in *bold* print, the statement
needs to be qualified.  This is precisely why I asked the two questions.

--
Stan