[Dovecot] realtime backup with LDA?

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Mon Feb 24 17:21:47 UTC 2014

Am 24.02.2014 18:06, schrieb Charles Marcus:
> On 2/24/2014 11:14 AM, Steffen Kaiser <skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de>
> wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 Feb 2014, Charles Marcus wrote:
>>> I'm talking about the 'always_bcc' feature in postfix, which
>>> obviously must be enabled by the MTA sysadmin.
>
>> Ah, OK. But this is not what I meant, because it would sent all
>> messages to one and a single mail address, for all users, right? I
>> mean to add a BCC per user to "user"_backup, like a per user alias or
>> forward.
>
> Depends on how you implement it. You can use sender[recipient]_bcc_maps
> and provide a separate address for each.

if you dont like bcc feature

i.e like this ( sorry only german just a archive solution)

https://sys4.de/de/blog/2013/02/07/mailarchiv-mit-dovecot-und-postfix-sortiert-nach-datum-mailadressen-und-ein-ausgehend-unterordnern/

you may try some global sieve copy rule etc,

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Configuration#multiscript

 but your subject
feel more you wanna use some replication mech

like

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Replication

using dove lda wrapper might not the right design solution

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG