[Dovecot] Oldies but Goldies - Dovecot 1.2 and Sieve

Darren Pilgrim list_dovecot at bluerosetech.com
Tue Feb 25 21:30:55 UTC 2014

On 2/24/2014 7:07 AM, Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we still run dovecot 1.2.17 and upgrading is not planed for some time.
>
> But I'm asked to install a sieve system to be used with SOGo soon.
>
> What do I have to install / configure?
>
> Is installing/configuring the dovecot-sieve-0.1.19 and
> dovecot-managesieve-0.11.13 enough?

IIRC you have to recompile Dovecot 1.x with options to pull in the
sieve/managesieve features.  Your OS should either give you options to
enable those features or give you a package that already includes them.

After that, there's a few configuration bits to go in dovecot.conf.
There is documentation for all of this at wiki1.dovecot.org (note that
it's "wiki1", not "wiki").