[Dovecot] maildir quota divergence

Jost Krieger Jost.Krieger+dovecot at rub.de
Thu Feb 27 13:30:19 UTC 2014

On Thu Feb 27 14:12:19 2014, Juan Carlos Sanchez wrote:

> We are using maildir quotas and have found differences in many users
> in respect to what system command are showing and doveadm quotas.
>
> For example, four user test, we have:
>
> doveadm quota get -u test
> Quota name Type    Value Limit
> %
>            STORAGE 98066 102400
> 95
>            MESSAGE   883 -
> 0
>
> But if we check user mail_location with "du" system command we get
> he is using 70458 Kb.
>
> We are running dovecot 2.1.17
>
> ¿any clue?

Please show us your doveconf -n.

There are a lot of possibilities, it can even be correct (if you use
dbox and the user makes lots of copies of his mails).

Yours
Jost Krieger
--
| Jost.Krieger+sig at ruhr-uni-bochum.de  Please help stamp out spam! |
| Postmaster, JAPH, resident answer machine    at RUB Comp. Center |