[Dovecot] Problem building dovecot 2.2.10 with pigeonhole 0.4.2

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Jan 2 17:02:34 EET 2014

On 1/2/2014 2:23 PM, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am on CentOS 5.10 x86_64 and I am trying to build RPMs for Dovecot
> 2.2.10 with pigeonhole 0.4.2.
>
> I am getting an error that autogen.sh is missing from pigeonhole 0.4.2
> source (as available from:
> http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org/releases/2.2/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole-0.4.2.tar.gz):
>

> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.89185: line 92:
> /home/mockbuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/dovecot-2.2.10/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole-0.4.2/autogen.sh:
> No such file or directory
>
> Indeed, the file is missing, as:
>
>    tar --list -f dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole-0.4.2.tar.gz | grep autogen
>
> ...produces no output.
>
> However, I managed to use the latest source code:
>
>    http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole/shortlog/32beba3bfd8d
>
> which does contain an autogen.sh, and this package worked fine.
>
> I guess the released source tar pack should be updated?

The autogen.sh script is never included in the tarball distribution. It
is used to initialize your source tree if you've retrieved the sources
through mercurial. As stated in the INSTALL file, when you've downloaded
a tarball, you only need to execute configure with the appropriate
arguments and subsequently you can perform the usual make and make
install. This was no different in previous releases and Dovecot itself.

Regards,

Stephan.