[Dovecot] Question re: filesystem permissions

Mon Jan 6 22:23:17 EET 2014

Hi all,

I want to make sure the filesystems are correct/optimal and secure as
possible.

This is a virtual hosting setup only (no system users), and dovecot is
currently running in high performance mode (I'm thinking I want to
change that too, so wondering if that would affect the permissions)...

/var/vmail (and everything under it) is owned by vmail:vmail.

Current permissions are:

/var/vmail  755

/var/vmail/example1.com  777

/var/vmail/example2.com  777

/var/vmail/example1.com/user1  755  (all other user home dirs are the same)

/var/vmail/example1.com/user1/Maildir  700 (all other user Maildirs and
all subdirs are the same)

All files are 600, with the exception of the
dovecot-uidvalidity.blahblah files, which are 444

So... is this right? Anything need to be changed?

Thanks,

--

Best regards,

Charles