[Dovecot] how to separate virtual delivery and authentication?

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Tue Jan 7 14:25:02 EET 2014

> IMHO, exactly that works with the maildrop LDAP attribute. You enumerate
> all mail addresses into maildrop. Use maildrop in userdb filter only. If
> you like to use "uid" on command line of doveadm, you need to add the uid
> to maildrop as well, otherwise have the passdb return another username,
> e.g. the "mail" LDAP attribute to convert the uid into mail adress.
>
> --
> Steffen Kaiser

This is also a workaround, adding uid to maildrop. Think at, for example,
using Active Directory with dovecot ( I do not recommend that :) )
I wonder if I could use only passdb filter for authentication (and let userdb
for delivery) , this could be far better.But I think this is a design issue.

--
Mihai Bădici
http://mihai.badici.ro