[Dovecot] LDA quota rejection

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Thu Jan 9 18:01:21 EET 2014

The basic mail systems do need this option..
We are not talking about plain mail..
Once a message was dropped or was not delivered there is a need to know
that it was not sent or received.
While some will separate internal mail from external it's their
preference but once I send an email to a company I would like to know
that my system and their system is working properly.
In a case that the company do not want to reveal it's computing
resources to the outer world it's a matter of security and other
policies rather then basic email policies.

I do remember that in real mail once the recipient box did not got the
mail it was sent back to the original sender as it was paid for this
service.

Eliezer