[Dovecot] managesieve - point me in the right direction?

erik erik at iamusingtheinternet.com
Mon Jan 27 11:49:37 EET 2014

Hi,

I am using Dovecot 2.1.16.  I'm trying to get Roundcube to talk to the
managesieve plugin.  Postfix/Dovecot/Roundcube all exist on the same
server.

I'd like to get managesieve working.  I've gone through a few guides,
such as:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/dovecot#Sieve

But so far roundcube won't connect to the managesieve plugin.  ("Cant
reach server").  I see that port 4190 is listening and I can telnet to
that port:

Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Dovecot Pigeonhole"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress
comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include
variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave"
"NOTIFY" "mailto"
"SASL" "PLAIN LOGIN"
"STARTTLS"
"VERSION" "1.0"
OK "Dovecot ready."

I'm not sure what else to check.  Any help appreciated!