Mailboxes are in Maildir format. Any good backup tips? Had success with version control?

Leonardo Rodrigues leolistas at solutti.com.br
Tue Jul 1 12:51:42 UTC 2014

Em 01/07/14 09:06, Jiri Bourek escreveu:

>>      And on a worst case scenario, where i would need to restore the
>> whole server and mailboxes, things will already be screwed, so knowing
>> that dovecot would be harder on I/O for rebuilding the indexes will be
>> just another problem :)
>>

> That really depends, rebuilding indexes can increase your downtime for
> hours, so it may be better to pay a bit for extra storage space
> instead of not being paid at all by your customers.

     Anyway, for those not running a that critical system and can afford
for an extra half hour of slowness, i really think the tip worths. And
for those who, by any reason, cannot afford that extra storage space as
well.

     But you're right, it's all a matter of calculating how critical
your mission is and take the correct decisions for it.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes at solutti.com.br