Mailboxes are in Maildir format. Any good backup tips? Had success with version control?

Leonardo Rodrigues leolistas at solutti.com.br
Tue Jul 1 13:55:37 UTC 2014

Em 01/07/14 10:06, Eliezer Croitoru escreveu:
> On 07/01/2014 03:06 PM, Jiri Bourek wrote:
>>
>> That really depends, rebuilding indexes can increase your downtime for
>> hours, so it may be better to pay a bit for extra storage space instead
>> of not being paid at all by your customers.
> Building the index as far as I remember doesn't cost in downtime but
> in higher I/O usage which slows down the server.

     That's my knowledge as well. Rebuilt of indexes are done on-the-fly
when the account is accessed and, thus, there's no downtime involved on
that.

     Of course, with lots of big accounts and lots of initial accesses
on the scenario where ALL accounts were restored without indexes, the
I/O increase can be so high that the server will be basically
unresponsive. That can happen for sure.

     But on the more common case, which will be restoring just a few
accounts, that I/O increase will probably be unnoticable.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes at solutti.com.br