number of users

Jonathan Tripathy jonnyt at abpni.co.uk
Wed Jul 2 14:24:50 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-02 15:16, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 02.07.2014 16:10, schrieb Jonathan Tripathy:
>>>
>>> no - how do you imagine that?
>>>
>>> * roundcube is a web-application
>>> * HTTP is stateless
>>> * so there are no permanent connections
>>
>> It is possible as Roundcube does have its own session management,
>> which you could maybe hook into
>
> first: why do you respond off-list?
>
> second:
> any of such magic is outside of dovecots scope
>
> and from security point of view you don't want user-login-sessions
> dealing with other users session infos and any smart session-backend
> is doing what it can to prevent from such a breach

first: I did respond on list as well as directly to you.

second: There is nothing wrong with expanding roundcube to print a list
of online based users. This may be just as easy as printing a certain
database table of active sessions. Yes, there are security concerns but
of course these need to be dealt with properly.

third: Yes, it's outside Dovecot's scope, hence the Roundcube
sugestion.