Flags in public folders disappear when more than 25 flags are used

Thomas Herrmann THerrmann at ADwin.de
Wed Jul 2 14:25:59 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have been using flags in public folders for quite a while
with no problems. Once the flags were added to all clients
(Thunderbird), they were visible and synchronized properly.
Now I have added some new flags, and in the dovecot-keywords
files I see that I am now using more than 25 flags (in which
case they are not stored using an additional letter in the
filename). Now I see that newly added flags are only visible
in the client for a short time and then suddenly disappear.

How can I debug this, or what may be a reason for this?

Regards
Thomas Herrmann

root at mailsrv2:~# dovecot --version
2.1.7

root at mailsrv2:~#  dovecot -n
# 2.1.7: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 x86_64 Debian 7.5 xfs
disable_plaintext_auth = no
log_timestamp = "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S "
mail_fsync = never
mail_location = maildir:/home/vmail/adwin.de/%n/Maildir
mail_privileged_group = mail
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave imapflags
namespace {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  prefix =
  separator = /
  subscriptions = yes
  type = private
}
namespace {
  list = children
  location = maildir:/home/vmail/public:INDEX=/home/vmail/adwin.de/%n/public
  prefix = ADwin/
  separator = /
  subscriptions = no
  type = public
}
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
  driver = sql
}
plugin {
  acl = vfile
  sieve = /home/vmail/adwin.de/%n/dovecot.sieve
  sieve_dir = /home/vmail/adwin.de/%n/sieve
  sieve_extensions = +imapflags +imap4flags
}
protocols = imap lmtp sieve
service auth {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0660
    user = postfix
  }
  unix_listener auth-master {
    mode = 0600
    user = vmail
  }
  user = root
}
service imap-login {
  inet_listener imap {
    address = *,::
    port = 56143
  }
  inet_listener imaps {
    address = *,::
    port = 56993
    ssl = yes
  }
  service_count = 0
}
service imap {
  vsz_limit = 512 M
}
service lmtp {
  unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0660
    user = postfix
  }
}
service managesieve-login {
  executable = /usr/lib/dovecot/managesieve-login
  service_count = 0
}
service managesieve {
  executable = /usr/lib/dovecot/managesieve
}
ssl_ca = </etc/dovecot/ca-bundle.crt
ssl_cert = </etc/dovecot/XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.crt
ssl_key = </etc/dovecot/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.key
userdb {
  driver = passwd
}
userdb {
  args = uid=5000 gid=5000 home=/home/vmail/%d/%n allow_all_users=yes
  driver = static
}
protocol imap {
  mail_max_userip_connections = 100
  mail_plugins = acl imap_acl
}
protocol imaps {
  mail_max_userip_connections = 100
  mail_plugins = acl imap_acl
}
protocol lda {
  auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
  log_path = /home/vmail/dovecot-deliver.log
  mail_fsync = optimized
  mail_plugins = sieve acl
  postmaster_address = XXXXXXXX at XXXXX.de
}
protocol lmtp {
  mail_plugins = sieve acl
}