Aw: Re: OT - Finding/removing duplicate emails - WAS: Re: [Dovecot] dovecot/lmtp munmap()-ing a lot

Infoomatic infoomatic at gmx.at
Fri Jul 4 08:32:27 UTC 2014

I had the same problem with a corrupted IBM Domino mailfile which gave me lots of duplicates, however imapsync with the options "--useheader Date --useheader Subject --skipheader X.*" to eliminate headers according to date+subject did the trick.

Alternatively you could have a look at the Thunderbird Addon "Remove Duplicate Message (alternate) 0.39" - havent used it on large IMAP folders but works also nicely.

hth,
infoomatic