Problem with virtual mailbox when using K9 mail (android)

Henrik Kjölhede hkjolhede at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 19:18:31 UTC 2014

Hi!

I've managed to setup a virtual mailbox that shows all unread or flagged
mail from a selection of IMAP folders. This works great with Roundcube,
which I use as webmail client. However, using K9 mail on my android phone,
a mail that is opened seems to be immediately marked as read, and any
flagging I do doesn't take. Presumably this is because it can't be reached
any longer in the virtual folder. I tried adding the recent flag to the
virtual search line, but that doesn't make any difference. I haven't been
able to locate any information about anyone else experiencing this problem,
so I was hoping that someone here could help. I realise that this is not
exactly a "dovecot problem", but perhaps someone here has found a solution
that they are willing to share.

The search line in dovecot-virtual is currently "OR RECENT (OR UNSEEN
FLAGGED).

Regards