Replication on dovecot 2.0

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Fri Jul 11 16:13:06 UTC 2014

Am 11.07.2014 18:05, schrieb Tom Barber(Alabs):
> Hi Guys
>
> I'm running an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS server and not being particually
> inclined to upgrade I'm wondering what options I have for replication as
> it appears to be running dovecot 2.0.19.
>
> I saw the wiki page about replication and whilst it says you should use
> 2.2+ it doesn't say what the minimum requirements are, so I tried doing
> what it says but I get:
>
> Fatal: Plugin 'replication' not found from directory
> /usr/lib/dovecot/modules
>
> Any ideas or tips.

don t waste time go Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/dovecot-core
vers 2.2.9

or recompile/install/upgrade yourself from

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/PrebuiltBinaries#Automatically_Built_Packages
deb http://xi.rename-it.nl/debian/ testing-auto/dovecot-2.2 main

https://sys4.de/de/blog/2013/06/17/dovecot-patching-mit-debian-und-ubuntu/
( sorry german only )