High user number tune

Edwardo Garcia wdgarc88 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 06:55:41 UTC 2014

Halo,
This might seem like another indirect thread.
I Monday started new job, first task must replace courier. The job use
POP3. and IMAP only for webmail, but must server support 4K POP3 at one
times. I see from similar thread current settings not adequate , we will
use TLS and if wiki read right Iprotocol

So am close in think that need ?

service pop3-login {
        process_limit = 4096
}
service pop3 {
        process_limit = 4096
}

service imap-login {
        process_limit = 2048
}
service imap {
        process_limit = 2048
}

then we have
service managesieve {
        process_limit = 1024
}

is that all we need change? I see in other thread someone says service
anvil but I can not find out about it, does need change as well ?
Why is it so complicated to change to let more user on,  most other change
one setting, dovecot  want  dozen :(