protocol specific AuthDatabase Queries

claus claus.r at bayern-mail.de
Mon Jul 14 14:04:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

i have to configure different sql-queries for protocol lmtp, another for
protocol smtp and one query for other protocols.

I have configured in "/etc/dovecot/conf.d/auth-sql.conf.ext" one entry
for all protocols and 2 protocol specific entries:

protocol lmtp {
   passdb {
     driver = sql
     args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-lmtp-sql.conf.ext
   }
}

protocol smtp {
   passdb {
     driver = sql
     args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-smtp-sql.conf.ext
   }
}

passdb {
   driver = sql
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
}

is this correct or do i have to configure all possible protocols
seperately?

First i had a working configuration for all protocols except for lmtp
(but now i need additionally a special query for smtp):

protocol !lmtp {
..
}

protocol lmtp {
..
}

Can you tell me whats the prefered configuration?

Thanks

Claus