Changed IMAP MOVE behavior in Dovecot 2.2.x

Iavor Stoev iavor at icdsoft.com
Mon Jul 14 20:05:23 UTC 2014

Hello,

After the migration to Dovecot 2.2.13 from Dovecot 2.1.17,
I noticed a changed behavior when I move a message from one folder to
another. I use Thunderbird with: Account Settings -> Server Settings ->
When I delete a message: Just mark it as deleted.

I use Thunderbird 24.6.0 with IMAP.

With Dovecot 2.1.x when I move a message, the message appears in the new
folder and is marked for deletion in the original folder (which gives me
an easy option to undo the action if I made a mistake until I choose to
Compact/Purge the folder).

With Dovecot 2.2.x when I move the a message it is marked for deletion
and is AUTO Compacted/Purged immediately.

Is there a way to achieve the 2.1.x behavior with Dovecot 2.2.x?

Thank you

Iavor