Mailboxes not showing up in MS Outlook

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Mon Jul 21 06:51:16 UTC 2014

On Sun, 20 Jul 2014, Alex JOST wrote:

> Am 19.07.2014 21:11, schrieb Jerry:
>> Sat, 19 Jul 2014 15:03:03 -0400
>>
>> I am not sure exactly where the problem is here. I am using a sieve script
>> that sorts various incoming messages into their own mailbox. MS Outlook
>> does
>> not show those folders if they are not directly under INBOX.
[cut]

>> In the above example, only the following are displayed:
>>
>> .INBOX.Deleted Items/
>> .INBOX.Drafts/
>> .INBOX.Junk E-mail/
>> .INBOX.PSNC/
>> .INBOX.SGWASA/
>> .INBOX.Sent Items/
>> .INBOX.UNRBA/
>>
>> Do I have a configuration problem?

Test IMAP yourself:

telnet server 143
1 login user "password"
2 list "" *
3 lsub "" *
4 logout

The list command should display all your mailboxes. The lsub command
displayes "subscribed" ones.

If list returns just the subset, you have an error on the Dovecot server.
Then you should see errors in Dovecot's log.

> Have you tried to refresh the list of available IMAP folders?
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/download-an-imap-folder-list-HP010080418.aspx#BM1

Other problems:

+ You have a fixed IMAP root folder setting in Outlook.
+ Outlook shows only subscribed folders. See lsub above. The mailboxes
returned by lsub should match Outlook.

- --
Steffen Kaiser