Dovecot GMail API

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jul 23 09:24:43 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm still (mostly) on vacation this week and afterwards lots of different things to do .. But hopefully I'll still get around to answering all the pending mails in this list and applying some of the patches people have sent and get the next v2.2.14 release out.

Anyway, people have kept asking about GMail API and Inbox App and how that affects Dovecot. For a while now I've been planning on implementing some kind of a HTTP API for mail access, so might as well use GMail's:

http://www.dovecot.fi/dovecot-launches-a-gmail-api-compatible-rest-api-to-enable-third-party-developers-to-join-its-global-email-ecosystem/