Multiple passwords with sql authentication

BlackVoid blackvoid+dovecot at fantas.in
Wed Jul 23 15:49:43 UTC 2014

I'm currently working on a control panel which is using postfix, dovecot
and other applications and I want to add application specific passwords
to increase security.

I found one solution [1], however it requires the password to be
included in the query which is something I do not want to do, because
the query may be written in clear-text to log-files. So I'm wondering if
there is a way to have multiple passwords with dovecot without risking
passwords being leakied in clear-text to log-files.

[1]
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/SQL#Password_verification_by_SQL_server