doveconf option "-e"

Django [BOfH] django at nausch.org
Thu Jul 24 10:40:30 UTC 2014

Hi Timo,

If I could tell you a little smart wish, I've one for you. ;)

Today I'm writing my own configurationdocumentation 'bout Dovecot in my
dokuwiki and for documentation purposes I changing some options several
times a day.

Postfix supports on its own postconf an option -e. So I can set up
mostly every configuration-option on the fly.

Dovecot's doveconf has no such option. So, I changed the
configuration-files and reload my dovecot-daemon. It were grait if
doveconf has a similar function, like postconf's option "-e".

Maybe you can make a little update to doveconf in one of the upcomming
releases? ;)

Best regards
Django
--
"Bonnie & Clyde der Postmaster-Szene!" approved by Postfix-God
http://wetterstation-pliening.info