Multiple servers and NFS

Richard Hector richard at walnut.gen.nz
Fri Jul 25 00:25:49 UTC 2014

On 25/07/14 09:12, Richard Hector wrote:
> Rather than trying to draw increasingly complex diagrams in ASCII, I've
> put some here (without the LVS layer):
> https://walnut.gen.nz/mail-architectures.png

I've come up with a revised plan - I think we can do without LVS; SMTP
should just work with multiple MX records, and IMAP/POP should be fine
as well with RRDNS - the machines should be up most of the time, and if
a customer has to click to reconnect every now and then on the rare
occasions when they're not it's not a huge deal. Otherwise, we could
also do load balancing on our routers.

Anyway - any comments on the sanity of this diagram most welcome :-)

https://walnut.gen.nz/mail-architecture-2.png

Richard