Multiple servers and NFS

Richard Hector richard at walnut.gen.nz
Fri Jul 25 04:58:18 UTC 2014

On 25/07/14 15:30, Eduardo Ramos wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> In fact I thought it a little confusing. I had some bad experience with
> DNS RR when one of my IMAP server got down. Clients continued trying
> connect to broken server and it caused some problems. But when
> everything is ok, it works well.
>
> I drew a diagram with my idea. What do you think?
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41373531/mail.png

Interesting, thanks. I'd forgotten to draw in the director ring.

As I said, if we need load balancing we can do that on the router, which
as I understand it will do more or less the same thing as LVS. It might
be Cisco SLB, but I'm not sure; I'm not the router guy :-)

But what interests me most is that your diagram shows the mx servers
connecting directly to the backend servers, rather than going through
the proxy director - I thought that was a no-no. Oh, and I don't think
we want to load down our front-end MX servers with amavis, either.

Thanks for your input :-)

Richard