struggling with pigeonhole date extensions

Laeeth Isharc laeeth at laeeth.com
Sat Jul 26 22:52:19 UTC 2014

I am struggling with how to use the date extension for Dovecot/Pigenhole implementation of Sieve email filtering language. I have read RFC 5260 several times and tried different things with no luck.
I would like to place all messages this year up till the end of March into the specified mail folder. What the snippet below actually seems to do is take any messages this year (whether before or after March).
Any thoughts?
if allof(date :value "eq" :originalzone "date" "year" "2014", date :value "le" :originalzone "date" "month" "3") { fileinto "INBOX/2014 up to Mar"; stop; }
Incidentally, it's puzzling how sparse the ecosystem seems to be for managing sieve scripts given the importance of email and the unmanageability of volumes these days without rules. What would be nice to have is something like the Outlook rule manager as a front end and server side sieve scripts on the back. I looked at Modoboa (which seems to be the only standalone option), but it's a bit heavy for my taste and I struggled to configure it in the time I had available.
Thanks in advance.