Dovecot pigeonhole help sought

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Sun Jul 27 17:16:04 UTC 2014

On 07/27/2014 05:08 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I'm running postfix + dovecot + dovecot-pigeonhole
> on my CentOS-7 home server.
> I would like spam to finish up in ~/Maildir/.Spam/ .
> Spam is being marked, but is not separated -
> it ends up with all the other email in ~/Maildir/cur/ .
> Evidently there is some step I have omitted to take.
>
> I give the output of "sudo doveconf -n" below.
> The file ~/.dovecot.sieve reads:
> ------------------------------
> # Sieve Filter
>
> require ["fileinto","regex","envelope","vacation"];
>
> if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "YES" {
>         fileinto "/home/tim/Maildir/.Spam/";
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> }
> ------------------------------

Check the example in Dovecot wiki again:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Examples#Direct_filtering_using_message_header

It uses: fileinto "Spam";

> When I run "sudo systemctl restart dovecot"
> I see the line
>   Jul 27 18:54:23 alfred dovecot: master: Dovecot v2.2.10 starting up
>     for imap, pop3, lmtp, sieve (core dumps disabled)
> in /var/log/maillog

You can enable 'mail_debug=yes" and Dovecot will log some interesting
information, for example about your fileinto "/full/path/to/.maildir".

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: f007ba11.1420819 at localdomain.org