Missing IMAP Subfolders

Tim tim at titan21.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 13:50:49 UTC 2014

I've recently encountered an issue with my IMAP folders on Dovecot
2.0.19. When I telnet into my account and perform a list, I get the
following response:

A list "" "*"
* LIST (\Unmarked) "." "INBOX"
A OK List completed.

However I know there are subfolders here and have examined the server
directly via SSH and strangely:

a select INBOX.Clients
* OK [CLOSED] Previous mailbox closed.
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft \*)]
Flags permitted.
* 0 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1394028715] UIDs valid
* OK [UIDNEXT 1] Predicted next UID
* OK [HIGHESTMODSEQ 1] Highest
a OK [READ-WRITE] Select completed.

When I also subscribe to a couple if these which I am able to to do
despite not being able to "LIST" them, I get this with LIST-EXTENDED:

a04 LIST (SUBSCRIBED RECURSIVEMATCH) "*" "*"
* LIST (\Subscribed \NonExistent) "." "INBOX" (CHILDINFO ("SUBSCRIBED"))
* LIST (\Subscribed \NonExistent) "." "INBOX.Clients" (CHILDINFO
("SUBSCRIBED"))
* LIST (\Subscribed \NonExistent) "." "INBOX.Clients.Bob"
a04 OK List completed.

Just not sure why a LIST is not giving me a full list as it's causing
problems subscribing to these with Mail Clients.

Any help is appreciated!