Exit status code 134; what is it, in the context of Dovecot Antispam plug-in?

Ben Johnson ben at indietorrent.org
Tue Jul 29 15:20:53 UTC 2014

http://pastebin.com/nh8SwQtw

>> Copying message contents to temporary file for debugging
>> purposes; file is: /tmp/sendmail-msg-7662.txt Checking if the
>> command-line input argument string (--spam) contains the string
>> "ham" or "spam" Mode is "SPAM" Calling (as user vmail)
>> '/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -d "sa-training at example.com" -m
>> "Training.SPAM" -p "/tmp/sendmail-msg-7662.txt"' Exit status was
>> 134
>
> Check out your local /usr/include/sysexits.h, if the exit code is
> defined there. It's not in mine.

Exit code 134 is not defined in /usr/include/sysexits.h on my system.

>> Yet, I'm able to copy the above command and execute it manually,
>> via the command-line, and it works (and by "works", I mean to
>> say that the behavior is correct and exactly as expected; I
>> receive the "Spam" email at the designated mailbox). Here's how
>> I'm calling it when it works perfectly well (as "root"):
>
>> # su -c '/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -d "sa-training at example.com" -m
>> "Training.HAM" -p "/tmp/sendmail-msg-7460.txt"' vmail
>
>> Any idea what status 134 might be or how to work around it? It
>> looks to be some kind of "temporary failure exception", but that
>> is less than informative in this context.
>
>> # 2.2.9: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf # OS: Linux 3.13.0-32-generic
>> x86_64 Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS plugin { antispam_backend = pipe
>> antispam_debug_target = syslog antispam_pipe_program = /bin/bash
>>  antispam_pipe_program_args = /usr/local/bin/sa-learn-pipe.sh
>> antispam_pipe_program_notspam_arg = --ham
>> antispam_pipe_program_spam_arg = --spam antispam_pipe_tmpdir =
>> /tmp antispam_spam_pattern_ignorecase = SPAM;JUNK
>> antispam_trash_pattern_ignorecase = trash;Deleted *
>> antispam_verbose_debug = 1 }
>

> -- Steffen Kaiser

Is it possible that this is some kind of apparmor restriction? I ask
because apparmor is indeed installed on this machine.

If you examine the script source (cited above), you will see that I've
had to use "the hammer that is strace" to debug issues with Dovecot +
Antispam before... maybe it's worth trying in this case.

Happy to hear any further suggestions.

Thanks again,

-Ben