LMTP during dsync migration

Jogi Hofmüller jogi at mur.at
Wed Jul 30 14:39:24 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

Am 2014-07-30 12:02, schrieb Jiri Bourek:
> On 30.7.2014 11:27, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> just shutdown the MTA so you don't receive new mail
>> senders will defer and deliver later

I would like to stay away from this option since we plan on doing a
transparent migration that will take a few nights.  Turning MTA off
every night seems a bit drastic.

> Or better - disable LMTP service in Dovecot. Incoming mail will stay on
> your MTA and when you're done, you just tell it to deliver everything
> that piled up in the queue in the meantime

Better but still not perfect ;)  We have users that work late and I am
sure they would complain when they don't receive email during migration
nights.

Still thinking ...

Cheers,
--