LMTP during dsync migration

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Wed Jul 30 17:40:23 UTC 2014

On 07/30/2014 10:39 AM, Jogi Hofmüller wrote:
> I would like to stay away from this option since we plan on doing a
> transparent migration that will take a few nights.  Turning MTA off
> every night seems a bit drastic.
What I do is I implement a delivery lock in the database. I like to use
exim + mysql, but I think you can probably figure something out with
postfix + whatever, too.

In exim-ese:

mailbox_locked:
   debug_print = "R: mailbox_locked for $local_part@$domain"
   driver = redirect
   allow_defer
   verify = false
   retry_use_local_part = true
   domains = +virtual_domains
   condition = ${lookup mysql{select locked from mailbox where
localpart='${quote_mysql:$local_part}' and
domain='${quote_mysql:$domain}' and locked=1 and active}}
   data = :defer: Delivery deferred, mailbox is locked